Ana Maria Lavin-Parot
Dip.Ac. MBAC, Dip CHM MRCHM, Cl. Ac. Nanjing, China, PGCE
I first came to England from Chile in 1974. After developing late onset asthma I was treated very successfully with Acupuncture and a few years later, wanting to change career and make a more positive contribution to others, I enrolled in an Acupuncture course.
I trained in the early 1980s at the London School of Acupuncture (now the University of Westminster), ending my studies with a trip to China where I obtained a clinical certificate from Nanjing University. A few years later I trained as an Herbalist at the London Academy under the supervision of Vietnamese Master Thing Thong Nguyen.
I have never looked back. For more than 30 years, I have been combining Herbal Medicine with Acupuncture, Massage, Nutritional advice and Reiki. I taught Traditional Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture at LCTA in London for over 15 years and speak fluent Spanish and understand French. I was also a clinical supervisor for acupuncture and herbs at LCTA for 15 years.
"As a practitioner, I could not recommend anyone more highly for her skill, wisdom, patience, strength and gentleness. Words cannot express the depth and understanding she has of each patient. Her approach to healing is a unique combination of her life experience and devotion."
Areas of Specialism
- I have been given the opportunity, thanks to Dr. Rosy Daniel, to use Acupuncture as support for patients undergoing Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy. I have also been able to aid their recovery after these treatments with the help of Acupuncture and Herbal Medicine.
- My practice of Buddhism combined with Traditional Chinese Medicine can offer guidance and help with depression, anxiety, insomnia and the effects of stress and shock caused by our modern lifestyle.
I have done many seminars and studies on trauma and its relation with illness. This has given me a deeper understanding on disease and the way out of it using Chinese Medicine and meditation.
- My Shiatsu and massage training has helped in muscular problems like sciatica, stiff neck, frozen shoulder through a combination of Massage, Guasha, Cupping and Electro-Acupuncture . I have done many seminars relating to musculo-skeletal treatment.
- Cessation of smoking using ear acupuncture for 3 consecutive days has been very successful. For more information check Quitza
I have been practicing Iyengar Yoga for the last 10 years. I often attend Yoga retreats.
I have a daily practice of meditations and attend retreats yearly.
- Gynaecology is a big subject in Traditional Chinese Medicine, as is PMT, fertility, pregnancy and post-natal care. For more detailed information about gynaecology, please click here.
“After being diagnosed with cancer I saw a lot of people making extraordinary claims that they could heal or help me. I soon, by process of elimination, determined what actually worked to make me emotionally able to cope as well as physically strong to endure. I would arrive to see Ana Maria the day after a chemo session depleted and weak. I would leave feeling better able to tackle the disease with strength of head heart and soul.”
Sam Taylor-Johnson, Artist
- Diploma in Acupuncture, Member of the British Acupuncture Council
- Diploma in Chinese Herbal Medicine, Member of the Register of Chinese Herbal Medicine
- Certificate in Clinical Acupuncture, Nanjing International Acupuncture Training Centre, China 1987
- Anatomy, Physiology and Massage ITEC certificate 1984
- Certificate in Advanced Nutrition Intensive, I.O.N. 1996
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education, City Lit, London,2000.
- Certificate of Attendance, Integrated Acupuncture Seminar for Fertility, Royal College of Physicians, 2006
- Integrated Acupuncture Seminar for Fertility with Jane Lyttleton, Royal college of Physicians, 2007
- I am a Member of the Federation of Antenatal Educators FEDANT
- I am a member of the Acupuncture Fertility Network AFN
- 15 years of teaching experience in Acupuncture and Herbal Medicine as Module Leader and Clinical Supervisor at LCTA
- Seminar on Electroacupuncture for musculoskeletal problems 2012
- Attended a Post Graduate 6 month Diploma course in Dermatology with Mazin-al Khafaji, 2012
- Certificate of attendance to Prof. Wu Yuning seminar The Treatment of Infertility, 2013
- Several workshops on pre-verbal trauma and its impact in health & fertility with Professor Franz Ruppert, 2013-14